Fast Facts About Auto Care
If you feel like scheduling your vehicle’s maintenance is a job for tomorrow, you are far from alone. Research shows not only that more than one in three people forgo recommended maintenance and repairs, but also much, much more.
Here are just a few fast facts about auto care that’ll blow you away!
- The average driver files an accident claim at least once every 17.9 years.
- A recent AAA survey revealed that 35% of Americans have delayed or skipped repairs or service that a mechanic recommended or the factory maintenance schedule specified.
- The repair price for an entire brake job — including work on the rotors, calipers, drums, pads, cylinders — can cost $750 or more.
- The average cost of transmission replacement ranges between $1,800 to $3,500, according to Transmission Repair Cost Guide readers.
- According to a recent study by AAA, the average auto repair bill comes to between $500 and $600. Plus, one in three drivers can’t pay it without incurring debt.
- In a recent car maintenance survey, research found that 18% of vehicles — nearly one in five — had low or contaminated brake fluid.
- There are four main causes of auto body damage: weather, negligence, fender benders, and high speed collisions.
- On average, there’s a rear end collision on U.S. roads every eight seconds.
- There are approximately 6 million car accidents in the U.S. each year.
- In a recent survey, research found that an estimated 77% of cars were in need of maintenance or repairs.